Spruce Hole Yurt
Deluxe but rustic winter accomodations for up to 6 people, in a well insulated yurt. The yurt includes a complete kitchen, warm wood stove, comfy down blankets and pillows on real beds, solar lights & USB charging station, 8" Dobsonian Telescope, and an observation chair for enjoying the views and stars.
Enjoy the peace and quiet of winter camping and XC skiing on the Rio Grande National Forest. At 10,600 feet elevation, you can experience all the stars that an ebony night sky offers, under a clear and unobstructed sky.
Amenities at the Yurt:
- Sleeps 6 on regular mattresses - 1 Queen Bed, 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Beds (bunked over double and queen)
- Down comfortors, blankets and pillows - guests must provide their own sheets or a light sleeping bag, and pillowcases
- 3 burner propane stovetop
- solar powered lights and USB ports to plug in your cell phone or tablet
- wood stove and plenty of dry wood
- hut slippers
- Complete kitchen including dishes, silverware, utencils and knives, cutting boards, pots and pans, cups, assorted teas, sugar, salt and pepper, spices, dry coffee creamer, cooking oil, dish soap, hand sanitizer, sponges and dish clothes, towels, and tubs (for washing dishes). Bleach provided for rinse water for dishes. Note: NO RUNNING WATER.
- Coffee options include a percolator pot, stove top espresso maker and drip coffee cones and filters
- Outdoor propane grill under yurt
- Telescope for viewing the stars and moon.
- Outhouse, TP provided
WATER - The snow is your water source. Keep snow clean. Avoid yellow snow and do not make any! Treat or filter all your water.
Two night minimum stay required if you book a SATURDAY night. This means that you can book either Friday/Saturday nights or Saturday/Sunday nights, on the weekend.
SORRY, NO PETS ALLOWED! Why? See WATER above.